The Darkstalker Files
You get 6 additional points to divide among your stat Pools however you wish.
Physical Appearance: Werewolves (Weres or Wolfs for short) have two separate forms: a wolf form and a humanoid form. In their wolf form, werewolves are nearly indistinguishable from wild wolves. Werewolves in human form also blend in, though retain certain wolf attributes which help identify them, such as their muscular physiques and pointed ears.
First-tier Werewolves have the following abilities
Effort: Your Effort is 1.
Physical Nature: You have a Might Edge of 1, a Speed Edge of 0, and an Intellect Edge of 0.
Wolf Tongue: You can speak and understand Loupe Langue, the dominant Wolf Language.
Skill: Your senses are acute. While in wolf form, you are Specialize in tasks related to perception and have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see
in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
Wolf Form: As a “child of the moon” you have the ability to shift between your wolf and humanoid forms at will, though Shifting forms takes an Action and you drop any items you’re holding. Additionally, any clothing you’re wearing hinders your ability to move swiftly; the difficulty of Speed related task increases 1 step until you “ditch the threads.”
- In Wolf Form, you gain +6 to your Might Pool, +1 to your Might Edge, +2 to your Speed Pool, and +1 to your Speed Edge. Enabler
- In Wolf form, you can’t use weapons. You have a bite attack with which you are practiced that deals damage as a medium weapon. Enabler.
- In Wolf Form when damaged, you regain 1 point each round, except for damage inflicted by a silver weapon. Enabler.
Susceptible to Silver: Each time you are damaged by silver—a silvered blade, liquefied or gasified silver, silver fulminate explosives, etc.—you take 2 additional points of damage and you must succeed on a difficulty 4 Might defense roll or lose your ability to remain in wolf form (and to regain points when damaged).
Lunatic: On and around nights with a full moon, you risk losing control of your ability to transform (whether you can see the moon or not). When such conditions apply, you must succeed on a difficulty 2 Intellect defense roll or transform into your wolf form and take actions that you do not remember until you wake up the next day (the GM determines those actions).
Additional Equipment: When you begin play with this descriptor, you gain a Pack Status. Your Pack Status determines the role you play in the pack. Choose one of the three Pack Status options. Your Pack Status will grant you training in 1 non-combat skill. Talk with the GM about how the professional training affects your role in the team and overall story.
- Alpha: Alphas usually hold white collar and clerical jobs, professions that require advanced training (doctor, lawyer, teacher).
- Beta: Betas typically hold blue collar and “hands on” jobs, professions that at most require an apprenticeship (welder, plumber, mechanic).
- Omega: Omegas are the entertainers of the Pack. It’s their job to lift the spirits of other Weres and provide opportunity for pack members of all statues to mingle. They usually hold jobs in entertainment (dancer, musician, actor) though struggling Omegas have been know to hold service industry jobs.
Return to Character Creation